Franchise Lawyers Perth WA
Franchising involves a business owner (franchisor) granting to another person (franchisee) the right to carry on a business supplying goods or services under a specific system or marketing plan as created or controlled by the franchisor under their trademarked business name.
The Franchising Code of Conduct sets out a range of mandatory requirements in relation to the entering into of a franchise agreement, including the form and content of disclosure documents and mandatory clauses that must be included within the franchise agreement. The Code also provides protection for franchisees in relation to cooling off periods, the management of marketing funds and dispute resolution.
It is critical that franchisees assess the prospective franchise opportunity carefully before signing any franchise agreement, and in doing so should obtain comprehensive legal advice from a franchise lawyer. Prior to signing any franchise agreement the franchisee should be aware of the following:
- The background of the franchise, in particular, unusually high turnover of ownership;
- The upfront fees and ongoing franchise fees, exit fees and royalties;
- The extent and duration of the use of intellectual property, copyrights, trademarks;
- Commercial leasing requirements, in particular the term and renewal options of such lease, which should ideally coincide with the franchise
The team of franchise lawyers at Dwyer Durack have extensive experience in franchise law, acting on behalf of both franchisors and franchisees. We can assist with:
- Entering into a franchise agreement (drafting and reviewing);
- Assisting an existing franchisee or franchisor;
- Expanding your business into a franchise; or
- Franchise disputes.
Contact Our Team of Franchise Lawyers in Perth WA
Owning a franchise can be both profitable and rewarding, however properly planning the purchase with appropriate due diligence is critical to any success. If you have any franchising queries, don’t hesitate to get in touch with our Perth based team of franchise lawyers today on (08) 9289 9888. Alternatively, you can visit our office for a consultation with one of our experienced franchise lawyers. You can find us at Level 8, 40 St Georges Terrace, Perth.