Have you been a victim of crime?

You may be eligible to make a Criminal Injury Compensation Claim if you have suffered physical or psychological harm as a result of a criminal offence.

Offences may include physical and sexual assaults, neglect, or witnessing the assaults of others close to you.

We can assist you with your claim for the following:

  • pain and suffering
  • loss of enjoyment of life
  • loss of income
  •  medical or psychological expenses
  •  other incidental expenses, such as travel for medical treatment or damage of clothing
  •  in the case of death – funeral expenses and loss of financial support

It is not necessary that the offender was convicted of the offence but it is important that you have done everything reasonable to help the WA Police with their investigations.  You have three years from the date of the offence, or the last offence, to lodge an application. If you do not make your claim within three years, the Assessor of Criminal Injuries Compensation may grant an extension of time to allow your application or compensation depending on the reasons for delay.

An application should be made once you have reached an acceptable stage of recovery from your injuries, except where interim payments are sought for treatment, reports or funeral costs.

Our team has considerable experience in making Criminal Injury Compensation Claims including complex claims where there have been a number of assaults by different offenders over a period of time.

We recommend you seek legal advice as soon as possible after the offence so that we can help you to achieve the maximum amount of compensation for your claim.

You will not be charged for the initial consultation if you do not wish to proceed.

Contact Us

Need Legal Advice?

For more information, get in touch with our team of lawyers at Dwyer Durack today.