In addition to a workers’ compensation claim, you may be eligible to claim compensation over and above what the current level of statutory system entitlements.

In order for you to receive common law damages for an Employer’s Negligence Claim, you must be certified with over a 15% whole person impairment and you also need prove that your injury arose as a consequence of an unsafe system of work or workplace and that your employer was negligent in failing to take reasonable steps to prevent the foreseeable risk of injury to you.

There are strict timeframes and deadlines with respect to a common law claim and if you let these expire then your right to claim common law damages is extinguished and you are prevented from pursing this type of claim.

Further, if you were injured at a workplace that was not owned by your employer but by another company or party and they were responsible for your accident and your injuries, then you may also have the right to claim common law damages for a Third Party Claim.

We recommend you seek legal advice as soon as possible after the workplace accident so that our team can help you to achieve the maximum amount of compensation for your claim and protect your common law claim rights.

You will not be charged for the initial consultation if you do not wish to proceed.

Contact Us

Need Legal Advice?

For more information, get in touch with our team of lawyers at Dwyer Durack today.